Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Greetings from TK!

WHAT'S UP LOVERS!!!  Yes, I am still at residential.  I have gotten to the final phase, which means I'm allowed to do (limited) things on the computer!  Good times.  It's almost been 2 months, and it feels like I got here yesterday.  This was the best choice I could have EVER made in my entire life.  I have made SO much progress, I'm almost literally a completely new person.  For the first time, I am comfortable with myself, and I can officially say I LOVE myself!  AHHH!!!  That makes me so happy.  This place is definitely not without its drama and craziness, but I've grown so much...no more freak outs, no more constant judgement, no more crazy behaviors.  I seriously feel like I know what I'm doing, and I know what I want from life, and I actually feel like I'm in a position to attain my meaningful life.  I've never been so happy!  I've stopped compromising who I am for other people, I've stopped CHANGING who I am for other people.  I love myself, and I'm fine with the fact that not everyone else will.  Screw 'em! 
I STRONGLY recommend this place to any women out there who need it.  My life is forever changed. :)

I'm a little upset that I can't go on facebook or AIM but I think I'll live.  They're thinking possible discharge as early as next week!  The plan is for me to go to Magnolia House, which is the TK transitional living program.  There's a long wait list though, and they think my insurance will probably cut out soon, so if I don't get to Mag, I'll be doing PHP here.  Basically I'd be doing the exact same program, eating here, etc., but I'd go home at night.  Either way, I'm excited to get on with my life :)

I'll keep you all posted for sure.  Special thanks to Chrissy, my mom told me how you've been asking her how I am, and I really appreciate it!  Unfortunately they don't want us calling anyone besides family :(  But still, thank you :D

If anyone wants to send me a lovely card (please do!) send to:
Timberline Knolls
Julie Boyer
Pine Lodge
40 Timberline Dr.
Lemont, IL 60439

Until next time, take care of yourselves.  And each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment