Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It's a TK Life

Greetings!  Today's another day.  I talked with Mark (therapist) about the really crazy difficult stuff I processed yesterday, thinking I'd leave his office and want to jump in the swamp behind my lodge, but I actually feel better than ever!  I came back to the lodge all smiles.  I know this isn't the end of this business, it's really only just begun, but I'm taking huge steps here.  This was a secret I've had for 15+ years and never told anyone, and never PLANNED on telling anyone, regarding my sexual abuse and the emotions surrounding it.  It was something that haunted me ever since, but I was too ashamed and disgusted with myself to bring myself to talk about it.  I'm still not gonna tell anyone outside of here (sorry charlies), but it was a GIANT step to get it out, especially to a male therapist.  I also talked about my transference issues.  I never really knew what transference was, let alone what it was for me, until I got here.  I came to the realization that I idolize men who work in the mental health field (or who are just awesome about it) because it was all of the trust, understanding, compassion and validation that I never got from a father.  SO I transfer those wishes onto therapists and counselors.  It's not necessarily the greatest realization, but it definitely cleared things up, and Mark completely understood.  Seriously, he's amazing.  If he was gay he'd be even better than Marcus (O.O) haha.  Actually he is better.  They're both awesome let's not lie.  Anyway...I've also gotten a LOT better at the whole interpersonal effectiveness thing, meaning how I relate to others, how I won't compromise my values, opinions or sense of self based on what I perceive that others around me expect.  I really am my own person again.  And as usual this session must be cut short because smoke break is almost over!

Once again, my address:
Timberline Knolls
Julie Boyer
Pine Lodge
40 Timberline Dr.
Lemont, IL 60439

AND if you want to call (please do!) the phone numbers are:
(630) 343-2361 (1-8)

Phone times:
6:30am--7:25am
11:00-11:30am
1:30-1:55pm
3:20-4:30pm
6:30-7:10pm
8:20-8:55pm
9:30-10:00pm

And my email is JCBoyer08@gmail.com

LOVE YOU ALL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment