Total Pageviews

Friday, November 16, 2012

Child, the lord won't mind

I've been listening to Spring Awakening again pretty non-stop.  After my journey through treatment, this one song reaches to me.  I used to skip this song every time, but now I can sing with it (with incredible passion I might add), and I do so, very loudly and expressively.  In my car.  Yup.  The lyrics seem fitting considering Thanksgiving is coming up.

The Dark I Know Well -- Spring Awakening (not all the lyrics)

There is a part I can't tell, about the dark I know well

So I leave, wantin' just to hide
Knowin' deep inside, you are comin' to me

You say all you want is just a kiss good night
Then you hold me and you whisper, "Child, the lord won't mind.
It's just you and me, child you're a beauty."

I don't scream, though I know it's wrong
I just play along
I lie there and breathe, lie there and breathe

I wanna be strong, I want the world to find out
That you're dreamin' on me
Me and my "beauty"

It's very hard to take a compliment, when someone calls me pretty or beautiful, because for so long those words brought up the memories of people saying that to me while abusing me.
My head is cloudy now...I'm gonna go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment