Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

They say I'm crazy...I really don't care. That's my prerogative

LOVE me some Brit Brit.

I feel like I need to post something other than woe and whining, because my life is really not as bad as you'd think it is from this blog.  I hate the word "blog," I feel like a 15 year old with a LiveJournal when I say that.  Also, yes, I had a livejournal, and I think it still exists somewhere...I remember my username was Spandex Pance, the name of the fake air-guitar-air-drum-lip syncing band that Laura and I made up around sophomore year of high school.  The word "pance" was invented because I was upset about how the word "pants" is plural, because there is no such thing as one "pant."  So I changed the spelling.

Wow!

Anyways.  Food business has been a bit easier over the past few days.  I'm still not eating much, but I'm not obsessing as much and I've avoided the scale for a while, so I guess I'm just giving my mind a break.  Excuse?  Could be.  I even ate pasta tonight, and I really enjoyed it, without any urges afterwards!  Yay!!

Still having nightmares, but I slept better last night, and I haven't had a flashback in 2 days or so.  I still get slightly panicky when I think about Thanksgiving, but I know I can't change the fact that it will come, it will be hard, and it will be over.  I invited a friend from TK over, so if her treatment team OKs it, I'll have a good friend over for mutual support.  I'm very lucky that we host Thanksgiving, so if things get too hard, I can always go up to my room to take a break, and I can ask my mom or Vicky or someone to check in me in so many minutes so that I don't isolate too much.  Wow, I think I just made a game plan!

Work is going really well.  I love all of my coworkers.  Apparently there's quite a bit of drama throughout the department, and I am extremely grateful that I am not a part of ANY of it!  THAT's a milestone!  I'm doing really well there.  No missed shifts (except for when I was in California), NO late clock-ins, and I've picked up every shift I can, including taking an extra 4-5 hours on a shift with very short notice (including on that same day).  I'm KILLING sales, I have very loyal clients, and as far as I know, people like me.  I'm actually enjoying myself there!  By NO means will this become a career, but for where I am now, as much as I may dislike that this is my life at 25, I can say that I'm enjoying it.

I think that'll be it for tonight.  It's late and I need to focus on skype now.  Good night America.

No comments:

Post a Comment